Customized rain test chambers
Products are exposed to several atmospheric agents and to changes in temperature and humidity during their service life. Rain also causes a high degree of deterioration.
The rain test chambers carry out tests on products exposed outdoors, even if not regularly, such as lighting equipment, satellite dishes, and vehicles. These products must be able to function reliably while withstanding various rain intensities.
In addition to the standard line, ACS is able to offer customized solutions thanks to its more than 60 years of experience in designing customized environmental simulation chambers, its technical know-how and the close attention given to the requests of all our customers.
Example of a chamber customized according to the specifications requested by the customer.
Rain test chambertest MIL-STD-810 F, Method 506.4, Procedure 2.
PURPOSE: the rain test is conducted to determine:
- Effectiveness of protective covers or cases in preventing rain penetration
- Ability of the object under test to meet its performance standards during and after exposure to rain
- Physical deterioration of the object under test caused by rain
- Droplet size: 0.5 mm to 4.5 mm in diameter
- Distance from nozzles to the sample (from the side walls): approx. 480 mm
- Distance from nozzles to the sample (from the ceiling): approx. 810 mm
- Chamber useful capacity: 24000 liters
- Rain system: The adjustable (inclination and height) nozzles are placed on the chamber ceiling and walls. Water supplied at a minimum pressure of 276 kPa through a water recirculation system complete with pumps.
The software for this type of chamber is an application that includes all the functions based on the specifications requested by the customer. The chamber has a built-in control panel for controlling and managing its functions. The chamber can also be controlled remotely using the WinKratos software or an equivalent application.
ACS can provide customized solutions that are adapted to the requests of every customer. Thanks to its accurate analysis of testing needs and highly specialized technical consultancy, ACS designs and manufactures environmental simulation chambers in the configuration most suitable for meeting the customer’s testing needs
The rain test chambers carry out tests on products exposed outdoors, even if not regularly, such as lighting equipment, satellite dishes, and vehicles that must be able to function reliab...
Climatic chambers for corrosion testing can help predict the resistance of materials in order to estimate the life cycle of components or complete products.
ACS chambers for sand and dust tests are able to reproduce all the conditions included in the standards that require continuous ventilation (DIN 40046, MIL-STD 331 AND MIL-STD 810 C), dus...